Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

06 February 2009

A Weighty Issue

Do you remember my post about my quest to lose weight because I have a wedding to attend to? Well, as an update to that, I have been using the treadmill 5 times a week and have cut back on my rice intake and white bread. So far, I have lost a kilo. My weight is not budging the way I would like it to maybe due to my age and hormones. I feel my clothes slightly getting lose but the desired result is not yet evident. The double-chin is still there. The muffin top is still there. The flabby arms are still there but... the pretty face is still there! harharhar!!! Joke!!!! Got yah!

I still have a week to go before I will wear my gown so I'll double my running time and eat more veggies without sacrificing a good, nutritious meal. If I don't lose weight by then, I'll just continue the quest because I want to wear a bikini when I go to Florida or Los Angeles this May! Yes!

7 comments :

  1. Goodluck Ria. Show us some picture of you in the gown ha!

    Like you I wanna lose weight too so that if and when I give birth I won't have too much of a hardtime losing all the extra weight I will probably gain during the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks pretty Jade! As in, desperate na ako to lose weight but I don't want to do it the unhealthy way by crash dieting. I will still eat pero I'll watch the portion.

    I'll post some pics here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay naku that is my perennial frustration! Pero you know I tried Fitrum (extra strenght yata) and drink Fit and rite and kahit papano nagwo-work siya for me. Xenical is good too bukod sa safe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of weight issues and wedding, there was a time when I weighed 127 lbs (110 lbs lang regular weight ko) and I felt soooo ugly and fat that I did not even attend my best friend's wedding. Sponsor ako pero nag "fake sickness" para may excuse. I knew it was a selfish thing to do.

    Now that I'm in the US, I'm back to being overweight again. When I got on the scale this morning, I weighed 127 lbs. but the heaviest that I weighed here was 132 lbs (after my Las Vegas vacation). Except for my long walks to the bus stop when I go to school, wala na akong exercise. Pati clothes ko nagkakaproblema na ako. I'm living up to the term "wash and wear". hahaha! I've lessened my food intake (especially the carbs) but I know I need to get physical again. Diet and exercise are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damage to the liver can happen when it has to process big amounts of the synthetic forms of growth hormone in the blood. The danger of your pituitary releasing less growth hormone as a result of increased synthetic levels in the blood is also real. In some situations the pituitary gland could completely cease releasing growth hormone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kaya mo yan...basta avoid carbs for a week lang para wala yung bloated feeling and look. and drink lots of water. see you =)

    a {GIRL for all status
    tales of a pinay single mommy
    1716 South
    Garage Sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the encouragement and advices. I'll really work on losing weight for my health as well... though it's few days away from the big day and I don't think I'll ever meet the target... hay naku.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>