Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

17 April 2009

Dazed but Happy

It's been 3 days since we arrived in this hot, sunny place and all of us are still disoriented with the time. We never felt this jet-lag so bad before probably because it was our first trans-Atlantic trip. Hubby went to work last Tuesday only to come home before noon because he could not keep awake! My princess woke up before dawn this morning tinkering on her homework. And I was up and about at 4:30 a.m!

I had a hard time keeping myself alert even after 3 cups of coffee at work. Oh man! This is the worst jet-lag in our family's history...as far as we know it :)

We enjoyed every single moment spent with our families there. We don't get to see them as often as we want because it's not practical and then, we didn't have visas. The warmth of their homes provided solace and comfort to the tired minds and bodies of 3 nomads (hahahaha!!!). I was intently observing how life is in the big US of A and my dream of moving there is slowly being validated. I dreamed of living there ever since I was young and to be actually there and see how life is gave me all the reason to pursue my next goal. Hubby is supportive of the plan but this will take a lot of time and planning before I can put everything in action. This is a major life-changing decision and I must not be impulsive. I am giving myself 2 years to decide whether we will all uproot ourselves here and settle there. We'll wait for recession to end though. Meanwhile, we will just enjoy ourselves first visiting the marvelous US of A. I would appreciate advices from friends living there if you all don't mind. You can leave a comment here. I don't want to rush into a decision yet.

To my blogger pal Cely/Gilbert, sorry I didn't get to call. I left my Filofax at home and had written your number there. I know you sent me email but I had limited time to check my mails. Anyway, there is always a next time.... hugs!!! We will be visiting your country as often as we can now.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

>