Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

03 October 2011

Words Escape Me

There are times when I want to say things but the words just float inside my head. I know the exact words I want to utter but when my mouth opens, words escape me.

I am not like this. I am very articulate and I don't have problems speaking my mind which is also the cause why I get into trouble sometimes. However, I noticed lately that I am at a loss for words. Although it only happens in the office and never at home.

It is a different scenario at home. I can spit 100 words per second without a rest and yet, I get tongue-tied at work. I was not like that before. I just noticed that when the power-grabbing people started sprouting like mushrooms around me, things changed. I am having speech impediments all of a sudden. 

It has nothing to do with fear because I am not afraid of them but I am so conscious of my performance review and I still want my job. I am afraid that I may snap one day and I will greatly regret it. The power-play at work is becoming very unbearable but I have no escape. Only words escape me right now but I can't.

1 comment :

  1. I think this is a good problem to have. See, if it were me, I'd probably say something I shouldn't have...better off having nothing to say. Don't worry, it will balance out. Power people don't stay that way for long, someone will knock them off their soapbox! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>