Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

12 August 2011

Information on Thyroid Imbalance

Thyroid imbalance is a type of a thyroid problem. Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism are the two types of thyroid imbalance.

Hyperthyroidism is when the thyroid produces too much hormones and the opposite of that is the hypothyroidism.

Common symptoms of hyperthyroidism are the following:
shakiness
weight loss
feeling hot all the time
depression
hair loss
rapid heartbeat

Common symptoms of hypothyroidism are the following:
forgetfulness
weight gain
inability to lose weight
overeating
brittle hair
hair loss
depression
cold extremities
high cholesterol
sleep apnea



3 comments :

  1. I have hypothyroidism because of my enlarged thyroid gland. The doctors wanted to operate on it and also my acute hernia, enlarged prostrate gland and scoliosis on my lumbar 4, 5 years ago. But they did not push through because the medical insurance of my wife had to be surrendered to her company because she resigned and was about to go to the US to work. It is by the grace of God that I survived all those plus my hypertension and diabetes. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypothyroidism kaya yung sa kin? Di ako makalose ever since I quit smoking, pero hindi naman ako depressed and hindi rin brittle ang hair ko. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kuya Mel and Liza - I think I may have hypothyroidism too but I need to have some tests to be done to really determine if that's the reason why I cannot lose weight and sometimes fall into depression.

    Hope we all get better in time and in God's grace.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Ria C

    It's My Party
    Home is Where the Heart Is
    Red Lips and Pinky Toes
    Handmade with LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>