Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

21 July 2009

The Art of Meditation

In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, do we still find time to focus on our inner "self" and give calm and order to a chaotic life? Well, I asked myself that because my stress level has reached its peak lately. I have been having upset stomach for days on end; my hyper-acidity is causing havoc again; and my back is painful. A lot of factors have been contributing to all these nuisances and I just want to have a time out.

I haven't meditated for a long time now. I almost forgot how. But I am a creature of habit so recalling how I used to meditate in times like this comes back easily because it is already inherent to me.

When escaping physically seems to be an impossible feat to achieve, just have a time out and meditate. Here's how to do it:

1. Go inside your room or a quiet place. When you live with other people and you think you will be unable to meditate with someone staring at you, just go inside your bathroom. Place a clean mat and sit there. I always do that!

2. Dim the lights or draw the curtains.

3. Use scented candles or essences if you like but make sure you don't place that next to the curtain or instead of meditating, you'll end up putting out a fire!

4. Close your eyes and visualize.

5. Do some chanting or say something over and over. My best line is always this "I am in control. I am in control..."

6. Take a deep breathe. Breathe in and out. Each time you do that, savor every breath you take like it is your last.

These work for me and I am sure there are more ways to do meditation apart from what I have shared. Try it and you'll be amazed by the peace that will permeate your life after that.

4 comments :

  1. hi...veryyy nice blog site..super talented talaga! I admire your talent in writing..promise! Anyways, thanks for sharing some meditation tips. Though I have all the time in the world to do many things including meditating, it just seem that there's not enough time to do it..gets mo..hmmmm...need more focusing i guess... Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Ria. Prayer and meditation do wonders for your body and soul. We can apply meditation when we are sick, despondent, needing peace, solving family disputes, needing God's financial provision.

    Thanks for this reminder,Ria! Be blessed always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies... Sometimes, we also need a "time-out." I think praying is a form of meditation to but in a spiritual level. Have a nice Friday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great reminder! I used to meditate and might start again now :-)

    Btw: Thanks for the visit - hope to see you in Norway in the summertime for the bright and sunny nights too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>