Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

29 August 2009

Barking Bloody Murder

I got used to dogs who barely bark. All our dogs before, even the bigger breed, seldom bark. This little Millie of ours bark like crazy when she hears footsteps from the hall and other voices. I want her to stop because I don't want to cause any inconvenience to neighbors bearing in mind that we live in a flat not in a villa with an open yard.

There are ways to actually curb your dog's barking. Here are some tips on how:

1. Put on a 'spraying' collar. This spray collar gets activated when the dog starts barking. It sprays citronella which is safe for animals. The negative stimulus teaches your dog to cease barking.

2. Use a 'shock' collar. Personally, I am against this one even if it emits mild electrostatic shock. The sting can still hurt and I find this cruel to the animal.

3. Say "No" firmly. If your pet stops from barking after you said no, give the dog a cookie dog treat. Praise lavishly when your pet follows your command.

4. Use a dog trainer's whistle to call your pet's attention. Repeat if the dog barks again. That might give your pet a little reminder to stop.

5. I have this little trick I do with my Millie. When she starts barking, I say NO firmly and lift my slipper. She stops. Always work for me. I don't hit her though. I just show her who is the "alpha."

Well, if there are still other ways to stop your dog's nuisance barking before you get an eviction notice, please feel free to share it here.

Love your pets! They are your best friends...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

>