Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

02 September 2013

Foods To Eat For a Healthy Kidney And Liver

The kidneys and liver are important organs of the body. They act as filters for vital minerals required by the overall health and body system. These organs also eliminate toxins to ensure that the body are free from harmful radicals.

To help us keep our liver and kidneys healthy, it is important to take have a healthy diet. Here are foods to eat to help the kidneys and liver remain healthy even as we age:


  • Fruits high in antioxidants and fibre such as apples, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries.



  • Eat food rich in omega-fatty acid which have anti-inflammatory properties and a good source of healthy fats like salmon and egg whites.



  • Use olive oil instead of other oil when cooking your food. Olive oil is high in omega-3 fatty acid which is good cholesterol.



  • Include vegetables such as bell peppers, cabbage, garlic and onions in your staple as they are great renal foods.




14 comments :

  1. Of your check list, I think that we use and consume most of it except salmon, mahal kasi hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy foods are necessary for our way of living. Nice and informative article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to cook, but I am trying my best to cook at least vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know as this is our kind of diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish O could ingest pepper. I always buy it, since it is one of my husband's fave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting. I still believe eating healthy is better than taking tons of vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are good fruits that we can find every day in our market, thanks for sharing, this are indeed good food for our kidneys and liver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just had liver dish yesterday. Since we moved here, our fruit consumption increases. It feels good to eat healthy meal every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the list sis Ria. Kidney and liver are the most concern for health especially when we get old; they weaken when not properly taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are healthy tips Sis :-) I used vegetable when I cook, I should change it with olive oil :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. scrolling down your list , I got curious about the salmon stuff. All I know that not all salmon is beneficial to one's health. It got to be wild salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As your list says, one can never go wrong with fruits and vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that the food mentioned here are some of those that I eat. I'm a picky eater but I do love some veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I eat all those food mentioned but randomly and not really in a span of a week....I hope it still counts. Salmon is my favorite fish for now, so I guess I'll stick with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>