Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

27 September 2009

Typhoon Ondoy - Ketsana

While we enjoy the sunny weather in Dubai, my families and friends and the badly affected people in Metro Manila and nearby places are submerged in flood water as I write this post.

I was unable to sleep well yesterday after I saw footage of houses under the water while the people were on the roof. 2 of my aunts live in Marikina City and their houses have been flooded up to the roof. One of my aunts and her family have to move next door (my other auntie's house) to find safe shelter in the 2nd level.

My mom's house was not that affected because she lives in Bulacan although the water reached our garage level. Our house is slightly elevated which is a relief.

I am appealing to everyone's kindness to extend help to the victims of Typhoon Ondoy (international name: Ketsana). Here is a link of GMA with an updated list of verified relief centers. Your generous contribution/aid will be greatly appreciated by the people who needs them the most.

Let's also offer our prayers to the victims of this terrible typhoon.

7 comments :

  1. Thanks Ria! We are very fortunate our house was spared from the flooding. There was too much damage and a lot of people died. Marami pang missing and marami pang dapat i-rescue. I pray that we recover soon.

    Take care and please continue to pray for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ria,
    thanks sa dalaw and concern ha?
    we're fine naman. binaha kmi e pero compared to the plights of our kababayans in Rizal, Marikina, Laguna, Pasig, okay pa naman kmi. :) I posted the pics, you may want to check it out.

    It is so heartbreaking to watch the news today, seeing people cry for help or cry because they lost their loved ones.

    I hope your relatives here are okay, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napaiyak ako sa isang video about sa bagyong ondoy. I'll pray for your family and our kababayans lalo na ang mga nasalanta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nakaiyak manood ng news ngaun.. :(

    please help us pray.. may parating daw ulit na bagyo this weekend.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. what happened in metro manila was indeed a tragedy ria. hope your relatives are all safe now. all we can do now is pray for better days and hope that no more rains will come, and to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends, if you can please share info on which places where spared from the recent flooding of Metro Manila. Thanks & God bless!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-want-to-know-which-areas-in-Metro-Manila-were-not-flooded/166149512776

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you can also kindly share the link with all your Facebook friends

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-want-to-know-which-areas-in-Metro-Manila-were-not-flooded/166149512776

    Salamat po!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>