Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

08 February 2015

My Tried and Tested Home Remedies for Sore Throat

I am currently a poster child for painful sore throat with fever these past few days. I don't know how it started but all I remember was eating 2 fresh strawberries, had itchy throat the whole day, went to a pre-dinner party and ate some nicely cooked meals, had 2 teaspoons of chocolate soft ice cream and... Oh, ICE CREAM plus an already itchy throat surely is a recipe for a painful sore throat afterwards.

I have allergies to most medications so I normally take the home remedies to alleviate the pain and fever. However, since I always get sore throat whenever I have itchy throat and I mix it with eating something cold and sweet, I always end up getting feverish afterwards with a very painful throat to take care of.

So, what are these home remedies that I have tried and worked for me without having to drink any medications (which I have allergic reactions to)?

Honey with lemon juice
Half of a lemon and juiced
1-2 teaspoons honey
half and half of hot and room temperature water

Mix them all together and drink.


Honey with lemon juice + cinnamon
Same as above but you add a dash of ground cinnamon to the mixture and drink. Cinnamon helps with the inflammation and is a great antibacterial, same with honey.


Salt+warm water gargle
Just few dash of salt in a lukewarm water and gargle repeatedly. The salt help ease the soreness.


Chamomile tea + cinnamon powder and honey
Steep 1 chamomile tea bag in hot water then pour into a cup and add a dash of cinnamon. I also add at least a teaspoon of honey for taste and added antibacterial protection.


Apple Cider Vinegar + lukewarm water gargle
This is a quick remedy to alleviate the pain and hoarseness which I had since Thursday. I can't actually do the plain ACV wash because I find it too strong. What I do, I mix part of ACV to 1/4 glass of lukewarm water and gargle. I really try to swish the ACV wash down my throat as far as I can go to help ease my pain and provide added antibacterial protection to an already swollen throat.


There's not much I can do about my fever though. I just take hot chicken soup and plenty of water and bed rest. I am actually off from work today as I recuperate. My throat still aches but not as bad as it was few days ago where I had to put warm compress over my neck just to alleviate the pain. I can swallow now and not as painful but my voice still crackles. So, less the speaking and more of just chilling while I take time to recover.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

>