Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

31 March 2016

Easy And Fast Way To Install Instagram Widget On Your Blog



Have you been in a site or blog that captivated you because of the Instagram widget displayed on the side or footer of their site? Did you fancy it? I have visited many blogs with Instagram widget displayed and I have always wondered how they got that. I find it very interesting and engaging, making me stay longer and check out interesting photos (and articles they have!) in their Instagram collection. I even ended up following some of them. And I thought to myself, why don't I showcase mine as well and make my blogs more interesting than ever?

I found several free sites that will create the code you need to install to have your Instagram displayed accordingly either on the sidebar or on the footer of your website. These free app sites are easy to follow and you don't need any coding experience or expertise to do it.

I tried the SnapWidget, Websta, Intagme, and Uptsi and all of them gave me the same result I want with settings I can modify as per my preference. I decided to use SnapWidget.

1. First of all, you should have an Instagram account to link to your widget.

2. Open the widget creator. Fill in the necessary details required and choose your display settings.




3. Copy the HTML code to you blog and it will look like this. And place where you want it to show on your blog, either on the side or on your footer.






For bloggers:

Go to Layout and open an HTML widget and paste the HTML code. Then save the widget after you have arranged the Layout.














And here's how it looks like in my Blogger blog:




For Wordpress:

Go to your dashboard and open the "appearance." From the appearance, you open a widget and select a text box to place your HTML.







And this is how it looks like in my Home Is Where The Heart Is blog. I tweaked the SnapWidget setting to only show 2 columns of photos.





And this is how it looks like when you install the HTML code to your blog's footer after tweaking some SnapWidget settings. This is in my The Mommalogues blog.




And after you have done all the above, you now have your very own Instagram widget installed!




10 comments :

  1. Amazing! Thank you-- I don't know why but I've never thought to install an Instagram Widget. Thank you for the picture tutorials-- I'm definitely a visual learner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea this is too easy. I have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmn, I will look into this when I have time. Looks easier than I thought, thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool steps on how to install Instagram Sis Ria. I will try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Instagram widget is so cute. I would love to have something like this on my blogs. Thanks for the step by step guide. I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I had deleted before my instagram in my site because it caused my site to go slow..hmmm, I might put it back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tutorial. I think I'm using Simply Instagram on my blog...I can't remmeber it anymore. I'll try SnapWidget on my other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great untapped traffic source for bloggers! Instagram does bring traffic to our blogs, so I guess I would take your advice and add an Instagram widget on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love instagram. I have a widget in one of my blogs. I used the slideshow. I will try the platform you suggested here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really a techie person so easy-to-follow guides about widget installation such as this is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>