Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

12 October 2011

My Lab Results

I got my lab results last night and went to see my doctor again for a reading. My cholesterol is high but my blood sugar is normal. However, I can't believe my uric level is so high. It's not even just above the meridian. It's high!

So, that could be the reason why my ankles ache in the morning before I get up. Although, my ankles don't swell, I do feel pain there and on my knees. I thought, the pain was brought about by the 2.7 km walk I did so I didn't give much thought.

Well, I may go vegan for a while. I have no idea how it will go and how my taste buds will receive the new idea and food group. I don't have a problem taking red meat and some seafood out of my eating equation but  not eat my favorite wheat breads and oatmeal cookies? That's just plain torture!

I am barely on my 40s and yet I have these conditions normally felt by middle-aged people. The doctor advised me to really lose weight and strict diet on low purines because purines found on most food I love to eat are one of the culprits of my rising uric acid. 

I just wonder why I was predisposition to have these kinds of conditions. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I get my 8 hours of sleep. I eat healthy foods and not much of a meat eater. I exercise and I try my best to think of positive thoughts. And yet, I still have these conditions which can affect my heart if I don't do something about them. I am really bummed right now.

Anyway, no use crying over spilled milk. I just have to follow my doctor's advise to the letter. I may experience some withdrawal symptoms while I wean away from breads and other delicious food I love to eat. Let this be a warning... Grumpy alert!

3 comments :

  1. Hmmm...it's really a wonder how some people- with all their vices- are still healthy as a horse. I hope you get better. So, do you need to take medication? or do you just have to cut down on the yummy stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay naku sis, I'm puzzled too! I have friends who drink alcohol and beer like a fish and yet, they don't have these conditions I have.

    Unfortunately, I need to take meds AND cut back on the yummy treats I so love.

    I just threw my first hissy fit yesterday when I prepared cut fruits for breakfast and salad lunch. I want to be healthy but I don't think I can go vegan sis. Both the spirit and flesh are weak :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i should really get myself examined one of these days. i have constant headaches again.

    we need to lose weight and eat right, ria. di na tayo bata. i might start exercising again next week.

    take care....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

>