Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

04 November 2009

In Case of Emergency

I am a member of our company's Emergency Response Unit . We regularly have simulation of events where we play the role of telephone agents providing information to the affected families. Every year we go through emergency response training and phone-answering skills to equip ourselves in the event of a real emergency.

Almost 2 weeks ago, I received a text from our unit's emergency alert system about a situation I need to attend to by driving to the nearest assembly point. My heart pounded because I was not sure if the call was for real or just one of those emergency drill. Few minutes later while I was ready to drive to the nearest assembly, I received another text that it was just one of the drill to see how quickly the volunteers would respond to a real-life emergency. Whew!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

>