Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

04 December 2009

The Demi-Nurse

When my dad was still alive and was under treatment for his diabetes and major heart stroke, I was the one taking his pulse regularly and noting the results on a chart. I was his "home-nurse." I remember seeing small medical equipment in our house then which was lent to us by my aunt who happens to be an anaesthesiologist. Although I have no training as a nurse nor was a medical student, I just learned the basics by reading many medical books. I also read the manuals of the medical equipment at home to familiarize myself with their functions. It was really interesting to know more about the medical world when you're an ordinary denizen of the planet. Makes me remember the days when I was keen to pursue medicine but due to my frail health, I had to change my dream.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

>