Pages

Gymboree Sale On Now!

10 January 2015

Bioderma Sebium Global Review

**This review was taken from my beauty blog that I have closed few months ago. Reposting here.


I am not sure why at my age, I still get skin breakouts once in a while and when I do, it's like clusters of blemishes all in one go! The good thing about my breakout is that it always happen on my forehead and never on my cheeks. Recently, I had a skin breakout and had several big and red pimples on my forehead. I ran out of Murad which I use for my pimples. This time, I tried a different brand because it's so difficult to find Murad here in Dubai. I got it from the US at Sephora. The Sephora branch in Dubai doesn't carry the brand. I ended up buying Bioderma's Sebium Global cream. It is a bit expensive.

I bought Murad (the small tube, 15ml) for around $26 (without taxes) and Bioderma Sebium Global cream is more than that! However, I got to compare them in terms of effectivity and I must say, this Bioderma Sebium Global cream for acne-prone skin does not disappoint. I paid $27 for the Bioderma Sebium Global for the size of 30ml! Twice the size of Murad at almost the same price and with the same potency and effectivity too.


(All photos are taken using the same camera, without any filter and no touch ups.)
sebium1.jpg





sebium2.jpg










What I like:

My blemishes cleared around the 3rd day of application. It was the similar case when I was using Murad.

It does not sting as much as the other acne creams I have used in the past even when my blemishes were a bit raw.

It does not have that strong astringent-like scent. As a matter of fact, it has a very faint floral-baby powder scent when applied.

It did not leave my skin peeling. It dried out my blemishes and all but never peeled the skin which is a great thing!

I only had to apply a very thin coat on my acne, twice a day.

It's great as a makeup base too. It didn't make my foundation pasty when applied because it's very lightweight.

It is paraben free!

Hypoallergenic

It contains Bakuchiol and uses the Fluidactiv patent which teaches the skin to regulate the quality and quantity of its fatty acid which then restores the sebum of healthy skin and effectively prevent severe blemishes.

Non-comedogenic. It means, it doesn't block the pores.

It has zinc gluconate which helps reduce redness caused by inflammation.

Skin absorbs the cream fast.



sebium5.jpg



sebium4.jpg



What I don't like:

Initially, I didn't like the price because it was very expensive but considering the size as compared to the Murad (15ml) tube I have been using for almost the same price, I think it's okay.



Ingredients:

AQUA/WATER/EAU, C12-13 ALKYL LACTATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCERIN, ZINC GLUCONATE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SALICYLIC ACID, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, SILICA, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/ SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, XANTHAN GUM, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 60, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BAKUCHIOL, SQUALANE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). [BI 673]
(taken from Bioderma.com)
Price: Dhs 97 (approx. $27)



This product is available in leading pharmacies in Dubai, UAE.



My recommendation:

Yes! Price-wise, I hit a jackpot because it's twice the size of Murad and it's the same price of the latter too. I got to save a lot with this one. Effectivity-wise, I give my thumbs up! It's effective and most importantly, it didn't dry out my skin. I think 3-days is a good number of days to clear the blemish without causing my skin to dry out and peel. So, yes for this product!



I use this with these other Bioderma products:

sebium6.jpg



Disclaimer:

I was not compensated for this review. I have personally bought the product. My opinion and findings are 100% mine and  the result may vary from yours. I only review products I like and will use.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

>